Monday, July 23, 2012

Camp Croft Trail Marathon this weekend!

I'm a little excited for this race - looking forward to the event, but uncertain with my preparedness for 26.2 trail miles. I've had a few good weeks, but only two 20 milers before my taper. It usually works out. I also usually get some phantom "injury" and this is no exception. 10 miles at Lake Conestee Sunday afternoon (90° heat - whew) was fine until the last 2-3 miles where the underside of my right foot/toes became sore. Only have 2 more runs left before the race Saturday (my usual 6x400 speedwork tomorrow and 3.5 easy miles Thursday) so I am hoping it will be fine. Will be my first race in my Montrail Badrocks! Still undecided on camelbak vs handhelds...looks like it will be a race day decision.
Weather is typical July: low of 74° Friday night and high of 94°. Whatever I have will be full of ice.
63 people signed up for the full - and some fast runners: Jonathan Allen, Mark Lundblad, Sally Brooking, Lisa Tolley...looking forward to seeing some familiar faces too, including some of my relay goons in the marathon relay! Good Luck everyone!!

No comments: