Tuesday, March 16, 2010

4 days in a row...

Tomorrow will be my 4th day in a row running. Make that one more first for me this year. I've done three runs in 24 hours (and will again in ~6 weeks), but never this quantity and distance either. Felt good today for my 3 miles, what I will call my Maintenance day. Yesterday's 6.8 I was feeling in my legs, but was able to keep my pace. Yoga at lunch helped I'm sure. 6 on Wednesday should be fine...the test will come after Friday's run when I am planning on 18 trail miles Saturday at Paris Mtn. Think I will need to slow down, maybe 5 extra minutes on each loop, for about a 3hr 15 minute run. I keep wondering if my legs will ever get to the point where they are not heavy after so many miles...if I get up to 40-45 miles a week, will they be stronger for the first 35 miles? Guess I'll have to get the mileage up there, hold it, and find out!

1 comment:

Kathrin said...

It really is just six more weeks until Palmetto200. I think I have to focus more on running again! ;-) Just the other day, I decided I want to do my legs in distance in a 24 hour period (Sat AM, Sat PM and Sun AM)... Maybe three weeks before the race...

Great job on getting your mileage up!