Friday, July 29, 2011

Chicago Headliners....Daughter's 1st "run"

More big names coming to run the Chicago Marathon...
Ryan Hall and Hope Solo (No relation to Han or the guy that's afraid of snakes) (and other US Soccer teammates Alex Morgan and Abby Wambach maybe?)
I sure don't expect to see them during the race - not so unlike NYC in 2008. Maybe a pre-race thing somehow...

Will be interesting flying back to SC a mere 4.5 hrs after I finish...maybe I'll learn I shouldn't do that!

Been getting a little antsy having Not run a race since the end of May. I did have a wonderful moment this week though. Took my little girl (who is 2yrs 7+ months old to her first run "event": The Greenville Track Club's All-comer's Track Meet. They've been going on forever, are free to kid's under 17 and GTC members (and only $3 for non-members). After a little group job, they have a kid's (5 and under) 50m dash. It's called a dash, but many of them walk, with prodding from parents, most without tears. My little girl ran and was so happy with her ribbon.



On the way home she decided she wanted to go back the following day. Too bad we waited until the last one of the 2011 session! We'll certainly head back out in June/July next year.
She also decided she wanted to add it (and her purple wrist band) to my wall collection of finisher medals...


Happy kids and proud parents...

No comments: