Wednesday, September 10, 2008

2009 events/dreams

Not that I am looking past NYC, but I did a little looking at events I wouldn't mind doing in 2009. In chronological order:
Jan 24 - Greenville News Run Downtown - 1st GTC event of the year.
Feb 14 - Myrtle Beach Marathon. Looked at the elevation change (using mapmyrun.com) - seems silly compared to Asheville, Greer or any of the half marathons I've done. Don't know what I'll be up for after NYC.
Late Feb - Green Valley 10 miler. Finished it in 2007 - and it's local so why not.
March - Reedy River Run 10k. Another local one. I like the course even with the McDaniel hill.
Mid-April - GW Parkway 10 miler. Wanted to do this the last 2 years - but couldn't make it up there. Point to point race from Mt. Vernon to Alexandria, VA.
Mid-June - XTERRA Xduro 21k. Part of the XTERRA East Championships in Richmond, VA. Did the 10k Scramble (in 2004 with my older brother) and really enjoyed the unique course. This trail run was new in 2008.
Mid-Nov - Richmond Marathon. My brother lives there and wants to run another marathon (his first in 15 (?) years.

I will have a baby this fall - so doing None of these is a distinct possibility. Can always dream...

No comments: