Friday, September 5, 2008

Decent week

Not too much new to report. Finished with 2 of the 7 mile runs planned (with one more left on Sunday). With the Labor Day Race - I'll hit 30 miles this week! Going up to Asheville tonight for a concert - but also to scout the Half Marathon course for next weekend. Heard it is Tough, but as long as you understand the last 1-2 miles are uphill and expect hills - it's not as demoralizing. Looking at a few other people's times from the 2007 race and the Spinx Half Marathon, looks to be about 4-5 minutes Slower. At least the temps will be better for Asheville than Columbia. Guess I'll keep my goal at 2hrs, but really expecting about 2:02 or so.
The 5:10am wake up calls are a little tiring, but always feels good to get out and run. I'd say get it out of the way - but I enjoy it.

No comments: