Monday, December 29, 2008

Goals for 2009.

In response to Megan's goals and her possibility of doing a marathon, thought I should get mine down officially. I may be repeating some, but they will all be here!
#1: Break 1:20 in the 10 mile distance. Two tries planned - Feb 7 and Apr 26 (assuming there is No marathon a week later). I would say break 22 minutes in the 5k, but I only have one planned right now (Run Downtown Jan 24th), and I won't say I will PR there. I will Not do all 10 races of the GTC Running Series in 2009 (as in 2008), but should do 7 or 8 of them. I will do Sunrise, and even though I could possibly PR there (38:32 is current PR from 2002), I will likely do my 1st race pushing a stroller! Very excited about that. Technically - I could call that a PR w/ stroller. There - another goal, #2: do a race with my daughter. #3: do a marathon with my brother, which should be Richmond, assuming all goes well with his (and my) training after his Many many years of not running (but completing 2 marathons ~15 years ago). Want to attempt a PR in a marathon and break 4 hours, but not sure I'll be able to find one to do in May where the weather will permit it. NC marathon in Greensboro is great location-wise (May 2nd), but avg lows of 55 and highs of 77. I will play that one by ear...I expect I will PR in the GTC 2 miler in July, and hope to in the 15k Biltmore race I am planning to run in again this year. I will Not PR in the 10k this year. That is a given.
Guess that will do it. 3 strong goals, and maybe a few more PR's if things go well! One more run tomorrow before the year ends, and will start it off New Years Day with a 5 Mile run with speedwork. Best of luck to everyone who sets any kind of goals for 2009, even if it is just to get out and walk One day!

No comments: