Saturday, June 20, 2009

I'm back!

So my third run in 3 weeks was this morning in 73° temps (even at 6:45am!). Just wanting to get a few miles in - test the waters and make sure I had no pain in my foot. It went just fine! It was hot, muggy and I have definitely lost some leg strength with this break. After averaging 28 miles/week the 7 weeks leading up to the Windermere Marathon, I've only done 30 miles the last 4 weeks. I will do another 5 tomorrow and be back on track for Tuesday. Technically - my 16 week marathon training started this past Monday, so I'll have a 15 week plan.
The Blue Ridge Relay plan is taking shape, and that's only 12 weeks away. We have 10 runners right now, and may get one or two more.
I read another running book last week: Bart Yasso's "My Life on the Run". Very interesting and I would recommend it. He is just blessed with the body to do those things - bike across the country in 20 days, do the (original) Badwater 146, lead a 3:00 pace group while battling Lyme disease. Crazy - but he has also done some fun races - well, maybe not "fun", but at least "odd". Bare Buns racing at a nudist camp (they do have 1 or 2 around here actually - I've put them on our GTC site before), racing with Burros out west, doing marathons on each continent.
Maybe one day...

No comments: