Saturday, October 11, 2008

Furman 5k XC

This morning was the Furman 5k on the Cross Country course (golf course). Had No idea what the course was like - turned out to be good, not too many hills, but still challenging. Only my 2nd 5k this year, but my 3rd in a row under 24 minutes. As I have a 20 miler scheduled for tomorrow (my Last long run for my marathon prep), I didn't want to go all out. Went out too fast as usual, but it all felt fine. Thought the temps were going to be a problem (65 when I left), but the clouds and wind made it feel much cooler. MY week was a little off from the norm as I did a 4 miler during lunch on Thursday instead of my early morning run. More hills which is fine, but the heat again was not too pleasant. I'll be happy when it is down in the 50's around lunchtime.
More tomorrow after my long run!

No comments: