Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday run. Corp Shield

I went out for my run this morning around 10:30am. Was scheduled to do an easy 5 miles, but decided I would do just over 7 to reach the 20 miles-this-week-plateau. My easy runs never are as easy as they should be...I just can't dial it back. My 9:13 pace turned into something closer to 8:00 - and I am definitely getting faster. Nothing special about this morning's run - same ducks and geese, a few people walking/jogging. A father teaching his daughter how to ride a bicycle with no training wheels (That will be me someday!).
Supposed to be COLD late next week and into the weekend with highs in the 30's - which will make running at lunch a little more interesting. Do I really want to wear my running tights thru the halls of my work as I head outside?? Speaking of work - it looks like we will actually have some participation in the Coprorate Shield events this year. The last 2 yrs at my current job has been pretty much me and another guy or 2 at work. After scoring 10-11 points in each of the last 2 years - we may get about 12 people for the 1st event of 2008 - the Run Downtown. No help from management, but that's ok - we'll do fine without the support. We'll just have to see if the participation lasts!

No comments: