Sunday, December 20, 2009

Still running! 2010 plans

So I made it thru the first week after the marathon without doing anything stupid (related to running at least!). Had a decent 5.1 miler Friday along with yoga and walking another 0.5 mile, then slept in a little and ran just under 7 today. Felt fine even with a decent pace, but still nowhere close to where I was - but I didn't expect to be. Doing another short 4 miler tomorrow morning - my schedule will be a little off in the coming week with some travel coming up, but I'll get those runs in!
I am starting to get excited with the prospect of slowing down during the marathon and seeing if I can run an even split, and possibly hit the wall later, like mile 26. Not planning a whole lot for 2010...
Feb - Myrtle Beach Full Marathon
Mar - Reedy River 10k

Lots of maybes...just going to wait and see how MB goes. Ideally - would do the Chattooga 50k (or another Ultra on Trails run). Then another marathon in the fall with my brother - leaning towards the Marine Corps Marathon in DC.

No comments: